Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Origins Of The Word F*ck

So it's been a while but I'm back in the blogging game. Things are a bit different now and I'll get around to all of that at some point. But for now I'm just working away in the ER and living life with my two awesome boys. So shall we start out with something light? Something fun and entertaining?

Picture it: an elderly 88-year-old man has tripped and fallen...and he can't get up. Why? Not because his medic alert necklace button wasn't working, but because he has fractured his ankle. Fractured it BADLY. Dislocated and the bone almost protruding through the skin. Bad enough that I have to cover it with a sheet because it gives me the willies. He's getting set up on our heart monitor as we prepare to sedate him with some Micheal Jackson juice, i.e. Propofol when he proceeds to tell my colleauge as she explains to him why we must put him to sleep (it's to straighten out his ankle) that "I really f*cked it up!". Our response? Loud hystrionic laughter followed by me trying not to pee my pants as he then begins to share the origins of the word f*ck. Apparently it came from England in the 16th century. So there you go.

3 comments:

  1. Learned something new today !! Glad to have you back blogging !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooo! Welcome back Jenn!!

    ReplyDelete