Monday, June 14, 2010

Clown Vs. Clown

Saturday morning was the first year anniversary of my bank being open (HOLLA!!). Ok, whatever right? Normally I wouldn't care either except that they had a little celebration in their parking lot with an inflatable pirate ship, free food and drinks, clowns, music, etc. A free party for the kids? I'm so there. It was drizzling a little bit on the way but I assured myself that the three of us could suck it up. The drizzle slowly turned into a slow steady rain. Hmmm... By the time we arrived the outdoor pirate ship was like it's own water park. As kids jumped around the spray of water flew around like the spit that might emanate from Daffy Duck as he speaks. So the pirate ship was out. Balloon animals. Safe and fairly dry since the clown was standing under a small tent. That was until God decided to open the heavens and blow the rain directly INTO the tent. After waiting about 15 minutes the parent next to me pointed out that the smart people were going to see the clown INSIDE to get balloon animals made. By the time we made it to the front of the line the clown was grumbling about how he was supposed to be make the balloons - not stilts clown inside.

After getting our balloon dog I had a decision to make. Run to the car or go inside for free cake. Who am I kidding - there was no decision to make. Let's try this again. After getting our balloon dog we went inside for cake. Stilts clown was working away at his balloon creatures when one of the boys realized that we only had ONE balloon animal. Now for those of you who aren't parents, one of ANYTHING is not enough when you have two children. So we lined up...again. While waiting for balloon dog #2 stilts clown then began "commenting" on how he wasn't supposed to be making balloon animals, how it was outside clown's job. The whole time he grumbled, he kept a happy face on for the kiddies. But I'm smarter than that. I know sarcasm like a second language. In fact there are some days where I think I might have even invented it. With a second balloon animal in our hands and bellies full of cake and juice, we headed on our way. And if you need to know, stilts clown made a much better balloon dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment