Monday, November 29, 2010

Latrine Duty

I don't know how often I say it, but being a nurse is so much like being a mom. You change bums, dress wounds, hold hands during times of pain, deal with whiny people...although I do refuse to "kiss it better" when it comes to my patients. The most recent comparison? Emptying potty buckets. I am in full potty training mode. Potty training twins - they should make this part of the routine while torturing POWs. I have to say that they boys are doing phenomenally well. We're on day three and we've only had one accident today. Not too shabby for not even being 2 1/2 yet. But every time I empty out the little potty bucket and flush the toilet I suddenly find myself wondering why I'm not in scrubs listening to the incessant beeping of telemetry monitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment