Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Wish List: iPod, Video Game And A Puffer

The Christmas season is upon us. My last two Christmas' haven't been the greatest but this year is going to be amazing. I love Christmas. So to have the opportunity to celebrate it the way that I like and that it should be is so exciting to me. I plan on throwing my boys into the Christmas filled world that will engulf our society for the next six weeks. It started this weekend with putting up our Christmas decorations, tree and heading out for a local Christmas parade.

Now your local parade is usually pretty hokey. Lots of pick up trucks pulling trailers that are covered in ribbons and fake snow. People in their leftover Halloween costumes with Santa hats. Suddenly The 101 Dalmatians is festive. I went with a friend and her little one and we sat patiently watching the bands, floats and other interesting characters march by. There are always people walking around giving out free candy canes. My friend was hard core set on making sure that the "kids" got free candy canes...her son is 6 months old. One man finally headed our way. Hanging out of his mouth was a cigarette with about 1/4 of it smoked through. The ash was hanging precariously from the end as he walked around handing out his candy. Apparently this year Santa was handing out candy and emphysema. Don't forget to add Ventolin to your wish list kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment